INTERNATIONAL FOOD AND AGRIBUSINESS MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
The International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IFAMA) is pleased to announce the appointment of seven highly regarded global food industry and academic experts to its Board of Directors. These new members bring a wealth of experience, expertise, and diverse perspectives that will further contribute to organization's strategic mandate.
Joining IFAMA's Board of Directors are:
1. Jack Bobo, Director of the Food Systems Institute, University of Nottingham and CEO of Futurity (USA). Jack Bobo advises companies, foundations and governments on emerging food trends and consumer attitudes and behaviors related to the future of food. Jack is a global thought leader who has delivered more than 500 speeches in 50 countries. In 2015, Jack was named as Scientific American's 100 Most Influential People in Biotechnology. He also serves as the Director of Global Food and Water Policy at The Nature Conservancy and is author of “Why smart people make bad food choices.”
3. Catherine Keogh, Chief Corporate Affairs, Brand Officer for the Kerry Group (Ireland). Catherine Keogh is responsible for Public Affairs, Sustainability, Brand Strategy, and Communications, where she has a proven track record of delivering in strategic marketing leadership, B2B brand building, integrated communications and developing innovative strategies to fuel rapid business growth. Kerry has more than 22,000 employees in 80 countries. The company’s mission to position itself as a world leader in sustainable nutrition aligns with IFAMA mission as an advocate of producing healthy food while addressing food insecurity.
5. Jayson Lusk, Vice President and Dean of Agricultural Programs, Oklahoma State University (USA). Jayson Lusk leads the Ferguson College of Agriculture and two state agencies: OSU Extension and OSU Ag Research. He has published more than 270 articles in peer-reviewed scientific journals and written and co-authored six books. His expertise in food policy, emerging food issues, consumer behavior, and livestock, meat technology make him a sought-after speaker and expert media source, both nationally and internationally.
6. Damien McLoughlin, Anthony C. Cunningham Professor of Marketing and Marketing Subject Area Head at UCD Michael Smurfit Graduate Business School (Ireland). Damien McLoughlin specializes in agribusiness strategy and B2B marketing, teaching, and research. He has consulted and led executive programs in Europe, North America, Asia, Australasia, and Africa, while working with some of the worlds’ leading organizations such as Alltech, Agricultural Bank of China, Allianz, Bobst, Bord Bia (The Irish Food Board), Bunge, FAO, Google, Hewlett-Packard, and ICON. Damien's work in domestic and international markets have earned him several recognitions, distinctions, and teaching awards. He is a notable media authority and commentator in Ireland.
7. Bernardo Piazzardi, Executive Director of the MBA program in Agribusiness, Universidad of Austral (Argentina). Bernardo Piazzardi is also an international consultant in South America and Africa. He specializes in business strategy and value chain analysis and promotes the use of teaching case studies as a problem-solving tool within organizations and classrooms, aligning with IFAMA's focus on teaching cases.
"We are delighted to welcome these exceptional individuals to our Board of Directors," said Aidan Connolly, President of IFAMA. Their extensive networks and strategic insights will undoubtedly contribute to driving positive change on a global and regional scale.”
Importance of this news: